END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT FOR BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM PTY LTD
Please read the following End User Licence Agreement ("Agreement") carefully because it will apply to your access to and use of the Pradaxa Application ("Application"). This Agreement constitutes a legally binding agreement between "you", the user of the Application, and Boehringer Ingelheim Pty Ltd ABN 52 000 452 308 ("BI"). By clicking the 'I Agree' button, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not accept the terms of this Agreement, you must not use the Application. Please exit this setup if you choose not to accept all of the terms of this Agreement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully before using this Website
- 1.3 This Website is intended for Australian residents only. The Website provides selected information available about a range of disease topics. Please be aware that information relating to the approval status and labels of approved products may vary from country to country, and the content on this site reflects the terms of marketing authorization in Australia.
- 1.5 A reference in these terms and conditions to Boehringer Ingelheim 'we', 'us' or 'our' is a reference to Boehringer Ingelheim Pty Limited (ABN 52 000 452 308).
2. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE
- 2.1 The Website and their contents is the property of Boehringer Ingelheim, its affiliates or their licensors and is protected by copyright. Permission to use documents (such as white papers, news releases, datasheets and FAQs) from the Website is granted, provided that:
- (a) any copyright notice that appears on any documents is not removed;
- (b) use of such documents from the Website is for informational, educational and non-commercial or personal use only and such documents will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in commercial media; and
- (c) no modifications of any documents are made.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- 2.2 Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, and may result in severe civil penalties and legal action. Boehringer Ingelheim reserves its right to prosecute violations.
- 2.3 The rights granted above do not include the use of the design or layout of the Website or any other website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by one of the companies of the Boehringer Ingelheim group. Elements of these websites are protected by copyright, trade mark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No trade mark, logo, graphic, sound or image from any Boehringer Ingelheim website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by the specific Boehringer Ingelheim company that owns those rights.
- (a) disrupt, interfere with, reverse engineer or compromise the security of the Website or any servers, software, hardware or equipment connected to or used to host or provide the Website;
- (b) restrict, inhibit or interfere with any other user’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- (c) violate any applicable law relating to your use of or access to the Website.
- 2.5 You warrant that you will carry out an appropriate virus check prior to using any files downloaded from the Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the Website, does not expose you to forms of interference which may damage your computer system, telecommunication equipment or other property.
- 3.1 All reasonable efforts have been made to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Website. However, Boehringer Ingelheim and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the accuracy, currency, completeness or suitability of the information on the Website, including information contained in any documents and related graphics published on the Website, for any purpose.
- 3.2 The information and related graphics published on the Website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Boehringer Ingelheim is not responsible or liable in any way for such inaccuracies or errors.
- 3.3 Changes are periodically added to the information contained in the Website. Boehringer Ingelheim and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described herein at any time.
- 3.4 Boehringer Ingelheim does not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your computer system or telecommunication equipment which may arise in connection with your use of the Website or any linked website, or any errors, omissions or delays or interruptions to or cessation of the Website through negligence or otherwise.
- Persons that are not Health Care Professionals
- 3.5 Any information on the Website is to provide you only with general information on our range of products and their use. Boehringer Ingelheim does not engage in offering professional medical or health advice.
- 3.6 Documents on pharmaceutical products are not intended to be used as an alternative to consulting with a health care professional or other qualified professional. The information contained on the Website should not be used for diagnosing a health problem or disease. You should seek advice on health problems from health care professionals.
Health Care Professionals
- 3.7 If you are a health care professional and you access the Website, you acknowledge the information provided by Boehringer Ingelheim on the Website, and through any application that we may make available on the Website, is to provide you with general information on our range of products and their use. Boehringer Ingelheim does not engage in offering professional medical or health advice.
- 3.8 The information contained on the Website should not be used for diagnosing a health problem or disease. Health care professionals should exercise their own clinical judgement when providing medical advice.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
4.2 To the extent permitted by law, Boehringer Ingelheim excludes liability for all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by any person:
- (b) in connection with or in any way relating to the Website or its contents including documents, information and/or graphics contained on the Website; and
- (c) in connection with or in any way relating to the use or performance of software, documents, provision of or failure to provide services, or information available from the Website.
4.3 You indemnify Boehringer Ingelheim against all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising from or relating to:
- (b) your breach of any law.
- 5.1 By your use of the Website, we may issue to and request from your computer, blocks of data known as “cookies”. By using the Website, you authorise us to issue such cookies to your computer.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
6.1 The Website may contain links to other websites not under the control of Boehringer Ingelheim. Boehringer Ingelheim makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on any linked website. Boehringer Ingelheim is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such sites. Neither is Boehringer Ingelheim responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked website. These links are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or recommendation by Boehringer Ingelheim of the website. Your access to linked website and use of any products or services offered there is at your own risk. You are referred to the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products and/or services. To the extent permitted by law Boehringer Ingelheim accepts no responsibility for any interaction between you and the relevant third party and is released from any liability arising out of or in any way connected with such interaction.
- 7.1 We require you to obtain our prior written approval before providing any link to the Website. Where such approval is given, you further agree that you will not use any Boehringer Ingelheim logo, trade mark of other proprietary graphic as part of such link without the express written approval of Boehringer Ingelheim.
8. TRADEMARK NOTICE
- 8.1 The tradenames of Boehringer Ingelheim products referenced herein, whether or not appearing in bold characters or with the trade mark symbol®, are trade marks of entities of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trade marks of their respective owners. The use of these trade marks, the company name Boehringer Ingelheim and the company logo, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trade mark displayed on the Website without the prior written permission of Boehringer Ingelheim.
- 8.2 The products discussed on the Website may have different tradenames, different labelling, product presentation and strength in different countries. Please contact the local Boehringer Ingelheim company in case clarification is required.
9. QUERIES AND FEEDBACK
- 9.1 Queries and other feedback addressed to Boehringer Ingelheim through the Website should not contain questions on personal health matters, or on specific prescription-only products. Such questions should be addressed to an appropriate professional (such as a health care professional).
- 9.2 Should any user of documents or information contained on the Website respond with information including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of such documents or information, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Boehringer Ingelheim will have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute this information to others without limitation.
- 9.3 Your usage of the Website may be recorded. Boehringer Ingelheim will be free to use this information for statistical evaluations, to assist in providing an undisrupted service and to improve the Website. Please do not use this service if you do not agree with this policy.
11. GOVERNING LAW